The Catawba Valley Farmers Market is closed for the season.
The Catawba Valley Farmers Market (CVFM) is held at the Catawba Community Center,
located at 4965 Catawba Creek Road, Catawba, VA 24070.
The Farmers Market is held each Thursday from 3:00pm to 6:30pm, mid-May to mid-October, rain or shine.
The Farmers Market first opened on May 27, 2010 at the Catawba Mercantile, just out the road
from the present location. The Market was moved to the Community Center in May of 2011.
The mission of the Catawba Valley Farmers Market is to foster community fellowship while providing
the Catawba community and nearby areas with fresh, locally produced food and traditional handicrafts.
All foods and handicrafts are required to be grown/produced within 100 miles of the Market,
but most are grown/produced within just a few miles.
The Market policies require that at least 60% of the vendors sell food products, while the remaining 40%
may sell handicrafts. This ensures that CVFM will remain a true "farmers market".
Vendors are required to comply with all government regulations relating to their products.
The Community Center is a County of Roanoke park, with a playground, tennis court, open space, restrooms
and free parking. The farmers market space is handicap accessible.
As an added service and convenience for our customers, we now have a "Wooden Nickel" program at our Market.
We do hope you will stop by to see us on Thursdays to enjoy a true country atmosphere with great people
and delicious local vegetables, fruits, meats, eggs, baked goods, handmade crafts and so much more.
Welcome to the friendliest Market in the valley!